Deconstructing Fear

I do not know of any single person who do not fear. Like anger or love or mercy, fear is as innate as our need for food or water. The object of our fear may vary - some are afraid of snakes, some are afraid of small spaces, and some are just simply afraid of being alone. No matter what the object is, it is apparent that all of us fear. 

I fear failure. I am scared of how big my dreams are and I am scared of not being able to reach a fraction of what I have set myself out to get. It is a constant struggle and perhaps it will remain so for the rest of my life. I do not mind though. Fear makes me more human and fear pulls my feet to the ground. It entrenches me to reality and for that, I find that fear, at least to me, has a purpose. 

There is one thing I try not to do though - that is to cower in the face of fear. Like everyone else, I get exhausted at times, I hesitate, and I have moments of self-doubt - yet, my tendency is to always, always fight back and strategically position myself, to give my best, and focus until all the possible options are maximised. 

I am determined. I am fighter. I shall not cower. 



Comments

Popular Posts