2008 Reminisces and 2009 Aspirations

The year 2008 has been a great year for me!
  • First time to read/deliver a paper in Manila Studies Conference - it will be published by the National Commission on Culture and Arts soon!
  • Submitted paper to the International Association of Historians of Asia Conference in New Delhi, India - and I was accepted!
  • Finally defended my M.A. Thesis proposal! (Struggle! Panting! Barely living! - "Transplanting India within Manila: The Saga of Sikh Migrants in the Philippines 1947-2000")
  • Still teaching in Ateneo and De La Salle; still studying in UP Diliman! I actually wonder why I am still surviving in the top three universities in the country! Thank God!
  • Very good students both in Ateneo de Manila University and De La Salle University! All in all I only failed six students in 2008 - I'm too lenient, you know.
  • At last, I began learning Spanish at Instituto Cervantes! (Coz I hate being stagnant!)
  • Gained new friends, forged existing bonds with old friends and family.
  • Finally moved on from a disillusioned past - broken , no more! Although, I could sense the possibilty of another broken heart if I fail to control my emotions. Oh well, I can handle it. Been through worse!



I look forward to more exciting and fulfilling year in 2009!

  • Top Prioty: Finish M.A. Thesis!
  • Ph.D. in South Asian Studies at the National University of Singapore or Jawaharlal Nehru University - I can do this!
  • More papers to be read and published! I have to find time to write!
  • Explore a new terrain for academic orgasm - Oble, yayakapin mo ba ako?!
  • Thailand and Cambodia Tour!
  • More savings! I have to stop spending too much. Ayayay!
  • Enroll in Swimming Lessons at Century Park Hotel!
  • Be more human. Be able to help more people who are less fortunate.
  • Be the best that I can be (professional endeavours and personal life).
  • Love him. Expect nothing. Regret nothing.
  • Vita brevis, ergo, carpe diem!

Comments

Popular Posts