Incarnate Love On Christmas

The divine wind engulfed my face as I opened my window this morning. The air was cold as ice and the fog was zealous enough to make the dawn gay. I breathed as if it was the first time I took in the essence of life. I struggled to fill my body with as much as necessary air like I was grappling for strength and courage.

It's Christmas again. Like any other Christmas day, I had to battle with my own feeling of sadness. Like any other Christmas day, I had to forcibly hush the sorrow in my soul.

This pain, this agony caused by the happenings around me - the cry of a poor man's heart, the tears of an abandoned child, the emptiness and hopelessness of a dying person and the tormenting pain of a violated girl. What is Christmas to them?

I looked around and I saw my presents on the side of my bed. I really don't need any of those gifts. I am fully contented and happy with what I have. But what about those who have nothing? Those who live in the streets and sleep along sidewalks. What are their needs? How did they spend Christmas eve?

I sighed and smiled immediately, silently convincing myself that everything will be fine. Though I began the day with a hint of doubt and uncertainty, though I was afraid to leave my room and confront the world, the Incarnate Love of God soothed my soul and silenced the ramblings of my heart.

It's Christmas - a time when I should be giving love rather than staying inside my room, reading and living in my own magical (sometimes ancient) world.

Despite the cold, I rummaged for my coat and I went out of my room... It's Christmas - I will make a difference. I will make someone happy. I will give love - the Incarnate Love of God.

Comments

Popular Posts