Open Letter to My Brother on His Wedding Day

Sorry that I can't be with you on your special day but rest assured that I am thinking of you and your bride and am with you, celebrating your love and commitment to each other in spirit. Love is such a delicate feeling, I wish that you both nurture your love and strive to keep it strong through life's ups and downs. I wish that you always find things about each other that would make you love each other more...because really, falling in love is not just once but a process of discovery of the other. I also wish that you, as a couple, push each other to be better individuals, kind, compassionate, and gentle - that is how our parents raised us, I hope that you build your own family based on these values. I have seen you grow as a person. From the flimsy kid that you were now you are a matured, responsible, and very thoughful person. I can still remember how we fought when we were kids. Once, I pulled you so hard that you hit your head to the pavement, I was so scared but I also realized how much I love you and that I would never want to hurt again ever. But, of course we still had several fights afterwards, none as grave the previous. Thank you for being a caring brother. Thank you for defending me when I needed you. Thank you for telling me I am skinny even though I was the size of a baby whale. Thank you for being a good man. Finally, and most importantly, I sincerely wish that you have fun...enjoy each other's company, laugh at or with each other, and just simply live life lightly and with joy. Though, I am miles away from you guys, remember that I love you, always and forever, and will be just here when you need me.

Comments

Popular Posts