Pointless Not Worthless

I keep pouring water in a unique kettle,
It has holes at the bottom, much like an hourglass.
The sand of time draining slowly, apparently
Inefficient. The onlookers give me
wry smile and their lips moved by distorted sagacity.
All I wanted was to get married on a
bed of apricots, dates, and blue jasmine.
The band will be smurfs and the
music will be Elf's.
I keep pouring water in a unique kettle.
A kettle people do not comprehend.
Not the form, not the purpose.
It does not matter. The appearance is only
what it is. Skydiving pushes one to face fears, insane.
What is important is what is felt.
Perhaps, the texture of the clouds and the density of air.
What is seen as pointless is not worthless.
In my heart of hearts, this is not worthless.
In my soul of souls, you and me are not worthless.
I will keep doing this over and over and over...

Comments

Popular Posts