SG - Day 2

This is a late post...it's already my third day here in SG but its still very early in the morning, I haven't been outside my room yet so I guess this can still count. Well, Day 2 in SG was very exhilarating. We went to the ARI office in Bukit Timah, had the orientation, saw all the fellows for this year's program, saw Selvi (finally!), and of course, we tried using our NUS user ID and email! Cool! An NUS user ID - super cool! Hehe!

After the orientation, we enjoyed a very sumptous lunch at ARI Canteen - I tried another Indian viand - potato curry and mutton and some dried cauliflower, which I didn't eat.

Then we went to the Employment Pass Services Centre in The Riverwalk to get our visas. We were really surprised at how that government office - the staff are highly accomodating, the office itself was very homey - it's an efficient Department - that simply reflects the efficiency of the SG Government. I wish the Philippines could also, well, somehow, reach that level of efficiency and bureaucratic organization and competence sooner not later. Hehe.

Next, we went to Orchard Road...Kinokuniya, ate wafer ice cream, shopped for some things at Watson's, among others.

So bad I didn't bring my camera - I sooo need to buy one. Maybe this weekend, yey!

Comments

Popular Posts