Constant Re-framing

I once told a special person that I am a work in progess. "A piece of work then?" He asked. I said no. A work in progress is embodied in evolution - of change, of fluctuation, and of constant and perpetual reconfiguration. A piece of work can be an end in itself - a masterpiece - but a work in progress sees no end - there are only transitions cloaked in endings.

I am a work in progress.

This is not because I am relatively "young" nor because I have not yet reached the prime of my life.

I am a work in progress because life for me, is a constant adaptation to new things, new ideas, new experiences, and new people... Life is change. I am determined to change with life and change with time.

I see life in various lenses. Schizophrenic, some would say, but I see that there is no point in looking at life from a single vantage point. That would be such a loss - a loss of feeling, and emotion, and of learning. Unrootedness, some would say, but I see that we taste life better when we float..when we glide...

We are given this very short life to live - why not take in diverse perspectives and look at the world and people from diverse views? One can never really attain absolute truth but at least, we should try to look at the multiplicity of truths...and hopefully, arrive at something close to totality.

In any case, there is no right or wrong in our worldviews. There are only life lessons. There are only memories. There are only love, bliss, and desire. And maybe pain and misery on the side.

I am a work in progress.

You may not like what you see in me but I can guarantee that the path I have chosen is a path that I will never trade with any other paths. I am satisfied. I am happy. I am persevering. I have no regrets.

Life is an active discourse... I share this discourse with very few people, very special people...people who come and go and leave pieces of them in me and I to them... I am enriched by these encounters. I shall not falter.

I shall not falter..even in transitions. The parts that really hurt. They hurt not because of goodbyes or broken promises. They hurt because transitions are the parts where you are most vulnerable...weakest... They are the middle ground between a good memory and a challenging future. It is when you look back and look forward at the same time. It is when the ground where you are standing threatening.

But transitions are also the most exciting.

And so you move forward, hurting and happy at the same. Perhaps life is just like that.

Comments

Popular Posts