Carpe Diem

On a cold spring night,
I was awakened by a queer sound...
Of my heart panting
Amidst the silence of the empty walls
That surround me.
For so long I have been wondering
What is that...that makes me live a day
That permits me to open my eyes and breathe 
That sweet scent of the cherry blossoms
What is that...that makes me look forward
That arouses my spirit to dance with any melody
I believe it is desire...a deep and profound desire...
To know..and feel...and have no regrets...
I seize the moment before it is gone...
I leave no chance for fate to fool me
And deny me of that love..of that lust...
For passion and release
I seize the feeling before it fades...
I leave no time to be numb
And sorrow even is welcome if joy abscond
Carpe diem, I say
To live each day as it if is your last
So, I wake up from a nightmare and journey to consciousness
I rather be awake that asleep.

Comments

Popular Posts