Tokyo: First Impressions

Yes. Indeed. I am finally here. Tokyo, baby!
It is always a challenge - a mix of emotions - to uproot, fly, and entrench yourself again. 
It is always an amalgamation of excitement, fear, valor, sadness, and vulnerability.
Such is what I have in me now.
A mix of emotions.
Feelings that make my heart throb and my soul crave...for life...for love...for learning.
I woke up this morning with a smile on my face.
I know that my time in Tokyo will be filled with moments to cherish.
My life has been always about moments to cherish.
I look around and I am just euphoric...yes...this is my life now.
I am called to embrace it and soar...be drowned in what it can offer.
And give what I can.
I look around and Tokyo seems to be just another place to conquer:
There are black suits everywhere
Almost everyone seems to be using the same transparent umbrella.
It rains like hell, the cold is punishing, and the cherry blossoms dance.
The food is fantastic.
The fashion...oh I fell in love with stylish boots! I must get one.
I can go on...and on...
But, at this point...what is important is that...
I am here...and like any other place I have been...
I shall savor this moment...
This is a chance
To see
To feel
To learn
To forgive
To push my views and to unveil a better me...
Yes.
It has always been about bettering oneself.
I am here to live as to grow
So, then I must
Stand on my own feet
Bring out that smile (I am sure that the effect of charm is universal)
And go through this...and give it the best I can...
That is how I survive life...
By always giving it the best I can...
Because...seriously...
If I would not give my best, I would not put myself into it.
Straddle up.

Carpe diem.

Comments

Popular Posts