On Turning 28

I guess, a person reaches a point when he/she knows exactly how to shape his/her life; or at the very least, you get to a phase where you have managed to construct two or three principles - fundamental principles that shall govern your life. These are not 'non-negotiable' or 'unbreakable' but they are a "flexible-constant" - these princples provide the "North" of one's life.

I have constructed my principles. And they are simple. I know what I want from life and I hope life gives it to me. I chase for my dreams and put passion in everything I do because, passion is what defines meaning and passion takes you to a whole spectrum of experiencing the world. I recognize the kind and loving people around me and I give back as much as I can. I stand firm on my own. I enjoy friends but I treasure solitude too. It is only in silence that you can really hear yourself speak. I have enough space in my mind for confusion - it does not need to exude externally. I cannot control everything, cannot anticipate everything, I let life surprise me.

Yes. A year older. It does not feel any different - I am neither excited nor sad. I am simply 'letting' things happen. But I am thankful for at this time in my life I am most content, I have no regrets, and I live light. But I also still have dreams and aspirations and passion. I really do not need much from life to live, and I mean really live. I have no worries - I live.

Comments

Popular Posts