I have walked this road twice...

This alley is familiar
I said to myself
Even the scent of burning rubber
Harks back my deepest memory
A ghost, no, a phantom
A once beautiful reverie
That turned a nightmare
No, a reality
The cracks on the pavement
They look the same
They bring the same quiver
The very same fear in me
Of getting lost, yet again
In my own obscurity
In my own jail
I see the same shadow of a man
In a slightly perverted form
But still distinguishable
Like a scar in my brain
Permanent
I cried the same tears
I hear the same truth
Of a love lost, yet again
Of a goodbye
From another traveler
Though I wish
Nay I prayed
For a constant partner
In this mad crowd of strangers
At the end of the day
All I get
Perhaps all that I needed
Was a temporary love
A temporary bliss.

Comments

Popular Posts