Let me put it this way...

By this time, you should have realized that I am a kind and generous woman. I am funny and witty and sometimes, I get so silly I can make fun of your "stomach waves" and your strange way of whistling and your typically North European hubris. You should know by now that I have strong opinions about current events and that I can whip out poetic one-liners that will make you wonder about existential issues.

I am brutally honest and can withstand hours of debate and stimulating banter with you. I am excruciatingly stubborn about the things I want. Sometimes, I am cloying and dramatic (yep, I know).

But, I am extremely tolerant of your whims and hedonistic desires. 

I am a good listener but when my heart speaks, the words are strong enough to cast away your doubts and uncertainties. I can be your sense of clarity. I can be your rock. I can be the witch who casts death spell to your enemies so you can expand your kingdom.You know how caring I can be and that I am actually very thoughtful.  Every single gift I gave to you took a lot of time and effort.

Because I think you deserve it. You should get nothing less. 

You should know by now that when I look into your eyes when you talk to me, it only means I shut off the rest of the world so I can bask in your musings. At that precise moment, you have all of me. But, you also know that I have a solid view of who I am - I do not need you to complete me, or guide me, or take care of me. I am steadfast and considerate, even when I am pissed or feeling bitchy or irritated...I can be very considerate...to a fault. 

Let me put it this way...if by now, you still have not realized these things, then I am sorry. 

No, I am not running away. You are not chasing me away. But at this point, all I really want is a handshake, a goodbye, and a good luck. (update: no, that's a lie...I want a promise...to see you again.)

Comments

Popular Posts