Pleasure in Reading

I am a voracious reader.

It started with Sweet Valley High, to Archie Comics, to Nancy Drew stories, then to Grisham, Dan Brown, Coehlo, Higgins-Clark, Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Neruda, and the list goes on...and on...

And then...I got drowned in scholarly books...out of passion and necessity too... I had to choose academic books over leisurely reading...and for quite a while, there seemed to be no time for me to pick up a brilliant book that will take me to a whole new universe without the need for me to cite it or do footnotes.

For quite a while....I forgot how joyful it is to read...just for the heck of it...

And now...I stumbled...no, I say Fate led me to Junot Diaz...oh, there are no words to explain how elated I am just tucked on my bed, hair tousled, teeth unbrushed, a cup of coffee within reach, and thoroughly submerged in words and irony and humor and drama and questions and love and life...

Then I realize how simple I really am... Give me a good book and cup of coffee...hopefully there would be rain...and I will be flying to heaven...

Books cure a confused soul...they heal a broken heart...they stimulate happiness...plant hope...inspire dreams...

Books are love....

Sure I should not forget that...

If only books have arms...so they can hug me...ahhhh....I would marry all my books all at once!

Books are happiness...

But....books can also make one cry...

The only catch is...you can always decide when to put the book down before it tear you into pieces.

At the end of the day, I guess...the power is still with you...so choose a book that makes you happy...and when you find it...cut all the drama and just enjoy it...and hold on to it...never let it go....


Comments

Popular Posts