Adieu of the Lonesomest Lonesome Lover


My beloved,
Perchance this is a good day to die.
took a glimpse of the western sky in pondering,
stared blankly as the sun sets and I envy its infinity.
Though the raging sun has set several times beneath the horizon of life,
though it permits darkness to swallow every mountain and every meadow,
though it abandons the weak and strong alike,
it continues to rise thereafter to uncover the earth’s shadow
mere second before death fully claims its right.
The sun, my love, despite its radiance must also rest.
But it’s fire ever-burning and it’s soul undying,
unashamed and passionate.
And I scrambled for words that awakened this quilt
to bid my adieu to you, my sire
aye, my heart seeks to be like the sun in that though it sets numerous times
it continues to rise and shed light as if it has no ending and knows no shame nor lies.
Silently I prayed that my death may leave no sorrow in your soul,
for I will be like the sun,
my light will fade but my promise will not.
I may be weary of life but my love shall survive, in silence.
True, I am but flesh and blood but inside this vulnerable clad is a perpetual longing,
that though death departs us my love will stay,
though the chasm of time and space rests between us,
you will ever feel my fire before cold creeps to your core
my warmth shall be always a part of your warmth
my promise will be always and forever
remember me; I will be like the sun.
With my death comes darkness but in time I will fulfill a promise.
A promise of eternal love and the sweetest refuge.
Fear not this temporary frailty for after this bliss shall come
Adieu, my sire, my one and only love.
Remember me in the midst of voices and beautiful faces
Remember me like the sun and its promise of life unbound
Remember me in your dreams and paint me in your hopes
Adieu, and tomorrow I will meet you at heavens gate to whisper the words I have kept for so long: stranger, I love you.

Comments

Popular Posts