A Prostitute's Confession

I am terrified. The walls I constructed three years ago are about to fall down and expose my vulnerability. The heart I painstakingly and consciously hardened is slowly melting down like a cold ice in the heart of a torrid desert. The soul I imprisoned and protected from the atrocities and cruelty of the world beyond me has found a way to escape indifference and naively hope for love.

Yes. I am in love. But I do not know if I have the right to be for I have long convinced myself love is just an obstruction in my life and in my profession.

I live within the margins of the society. I am what you call an Untouchable, a Sinner and a Deviant. I live my life in contradiction to the ways and norms of the society and for that, I am persecuted. I saw a look of disgust from the old lady selling oranges near my apartment when she learned what I do. I witnessed pity from the eyes of a stranger who saw me enter a cheap motel with an old and ugly Caucasian man at the height of the night. I felt wary and disparaging glazes from unknown people who judged me hastily as if they know my very core, my very soul.

Do you really know me? Do you really know what happens in the mind, heart and body of a prostitute like me?

Let me tell you something about myself... Allow me to share a few thoughts about who I am and what I do and how I repressed love and how i gave in to love. I don't actually hope or wish that you seek to understand me and care for me, I will bare my Universe to you so you would be in a better position to judge me.

Now, let me see... Where should I start? I am asleep during day time and I begin my life as soon as the darkness of the night envelopes every inch of Earth's Oriental face....








(To be continued.... Well, I have decided to change the theme of my next blogs...you'll see...)

Comments

Popular Posts