Charlie

I wish I can hold your heart in my hands for the rest of my life. But, then I would not have anywhere to place my own heart. I hope I can whisper a million "Te amo" in your ear every single night. But, you are too far to even hear my screams. I wish I can hold your hand when you feel that the world is conspiring against you. But, I am too weak to fight off your demons and mine. I wish I can walk with you through your travels...to the jungles of Africa and the deserts of Mexico. But, I cannot always wait for you when I have my own adventures to go. I wish I can forget about my own needs and focus on yours. But, then I would not be living my life. I wish I learn how your body works and what pleasures can make you lose your mind. But, all I felt when I touched you was fragility. I wish I can stay with you as you define your life, as you choose the next airport to go. But, how can I suspend my life just for you. I wish you can love me the way I want and need to be loved. I wish we spoke the same language. I wish we were made of the same foundations in life. I wish we were more patient. I wish we more strong. I wish we had a better ending. But, I turned off the switch. Now, I make my own way. As I turn my back on you, remember how I will love you always, in its most unconditional form - like the way you used to love me. I may not see you, but I will carry you always, with me. I will remember you, in every book I pick, in every espresso I drink, in every dance I will ever make...for the rest of my life. Te amo, muchacho.

Comments

Popular Posts