Muay Thai



Day 1: Training was difficult. I panted probably because of the lack of exercise for the last few days. I also sprained my ankle.

Day 2: My hand wrap was too tight. It was done wrongly by one of the assistant coaches. So after shadow boxing and ten minutes of jabs, hooks, and upper cut using the punching bag, my forearm got swollen. I had to focus solely on kicks during the sparring session.

Day 3: Amazing day. No injury! First time, yey! I enjoyed sparring and my kicks and punches are becoming stronger. I also don't run out breath in the middle of rounds. Giddy moment when the coach asked me to demonstrate kicks to two tall Western guys.

Day 4: Highlight - sparring match with a 6-foot Australian! I had a funny outburst but he was not offended, so good.

Day 5: Easy day. By far, this is the best session ever. I did not feel tired at all. I keep the punches rolling and my kicks are better. I learned more techniques and all four basic elbow strikes and did an extra 30-min core exercise. Oh and one of the guys gave me a nickname already: "Muscle girl."  I know it doesn't sound nice but in the context of our conversation, I took it as a compliment.

Overall, I see the physical results. I am more toned and sculpted. It is also good for my cardio. Five down, nine more sessions to go.


Comments

Popular Posts